Andrew Dill RESUME
I am a visual effects supervisor and expert in Flame. Over the past sixteen years I have supervised jobs for Intel, Kia, Apple, Johnny Walker, Chevrolet and many others. I work well with agencies and corporate clients, and I take feedback in stride. I am a strong team leader who keeps morale high on even the most difficult jobs. I am an excellent compositor who works at a blistering rate and delivers top-tier work. I love solving problems and thrive in a challenging environment.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Team morale, On-set supervision, VFX Supervision, High pressure client sessions, Tech to Creative translation, Creative to Tech translation, Translating Creative and/or Tech to people who speak neither, VFX in general, Photo-real humans, Character animation, Pretty much every piece of graphic software and how it functions, Color spaces, delivery formats, HDR deliveries and workflows, broadcast legalities, the best place to order ramen at 9pm, video formats and potential.
2011-2017 – VFX Supervisor – The Mill (London and Los Angeles)
Break down scripts and director treatments into bids and build out teams to best suit the job.
Supervise shoots—establishing relationships with the director, agency and crew to get what we need to do great work.
Lead teams of 2d and 3d artists to produce top tier work in a timely fashion.
Tackle complex shots and break them down so that my team can repeat the work efficiently.
- Mentor staff and write knowledge base articles to share useful workflows.
2009-2011 – Head of 2D – Oktobor (New Zealand)
Built relationships with directors and agencies to secure work.
Did this in three days.
- Delivered 50+ Film VFX shots in two months with a small team.
2004-2008 – Freelance Flame at Logan, Imaginary Forces, Iron Claw and NBC (Los Angeles)
Supervised and led ads for Apple, DirecTV, TGI Fridays, Infiniti and others
- Animated characters and delivered main title sequences for Nim’s Island, the Spiderwick Chronicles and Invincible.
2001-2003 – Flame Artist – Imaginary Forces (Los Angeles)
- Conformed, animated elements for and/or delivered title sequences for multiple films, including Hellboy, Charlie’s Angels 2, Dreamcatcher, Ray, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Chronicles of Narnia.
1995-1999 – Rhode Island School of Design
- Film/Animation/Video major, specializing in 3d animation. Other courses included: drawing, photography (shooting, developing and printing), art history, hand-drawn animation, and architecture history.